Saturday 5 March 2016

FEMI ADETAYO: A Tale Of One Outstanding Nigerian Who Makes Me Feel Optimistic About Nigeria's Future. By Saint-Olawale Jimoh



I have met many young people in my life; I chose few as my friends but only three inspire me the most and Femi Adetayo is one of them. I think it was in 2008 if my memory serves me right, that I first met this prodigiously talented safety professional and motivational speaker. Before then, I had been seeing him around at the campus ground of the prestigious Gateway Industrial & Petro-Gas Institute we both attended few years ago. I heard few things about him but I clearly knew who he was and what he stands for when he stopped to talk with me while canvassing students to attend GIPI Students' Fellowship, a campus christian students' fellowship he founded with the support of few other persons.
   That day, I imagined what manner of person he was. We had only few lines of discussion and I was overwhelmingly impressed. It was not so much of his composure and pleasing countenance, it was more his sharpness of mind and his intrepidity of utterance. His words were rich and I hoped the conversation would not end that afternoon. He had faith. His mindset was different and for the first tιмє since I began interacting with people, I met a young man whose reasoning was absolutely different from that of any youth I know. He commands things yet nothing moves him, not even material things. Many at times, our anxiety about tomorrow gradually makes us backsliders at some points but here's a young man full of faith, yet so confident about the future.
   Today, this public speaker and life coach has touched the lives of so many Nigerian youths as a foremost motivational speaker and youth advocate. Through many radio programmes and several inspirational series on his website, he has helped many young ones find their purpose in life and build outstanding careers. Adetayo has in the last few years inspired numerous Nigerians to create solutions to the overwhelming problems the country is facing.
 He simply demonstrates hope that there is much more to us than what people in citadels of power spew at us. Indeed he's an asset to this generation.

For more of Femi Adetayo's inspirational series visit: https://onestopmotivate.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment